The Schmidt 3.5 cu ft blast pot / blast hopper is an all-purpose abrasive blasting machine, suitable for many different job applications. It is particularly useful for mobile site work. Schmidt abrasive blasting blast pot’s ergonomic design features optimize safety and ease of use. Some of the features that provide these benefits are:
- Schmidt abrasive blasting pots are manufactured from high tensile steel. This allows for thin wall construction while still meeting pressure vessel standards. This results in a light weight but durable pot.
- Low center of gravity makes the pot easier to pull onto its wheels.
- Large base frames make the pot very stable.
- Semi pneumatic wheels assist moment.
- Large handles, well placed for ease of use.
- Large hand-hole for ease of access to pot interior.
- Blast Hopper Piping is large diameter high flow design
In addition to good ergonomics, Schmidt abrasive blasting pots have a spun base rather than a pressed one. This helps to ensure that all the abrasive is emptied out of the pot when blasting.
There is no build or bridging of abrasive to prevent complete emptying of the pot. Hemispherical pop-up valve ensures good sealing of the pot even if alignment is not perfect. Polyurethane compound for pop-up valve head and sealing ring extends life and assists seal integrity.