All Coal & Copper Slag Abrasive
Coal slag is a glass matrix alumina-silicate which is produced as a by-product of coal burning power plants. As it burns, the residual ash becomes molten. When this slag is cooled, it vitrifies into a glassy, abrasive material, which is then crushed to produce blast media.
- Grade: 20-40 Type: Medium
- Grade: 12-40 Type: Coarse
- Coal slag and cooper slag are primarily used for the surface preparation of metals and concrete surfaces
- 12-40 is often used for general purpose repair and maintenance blasting of coated steel surfaces
- Coarse 12-40 coal slag produces a moderate profile and is used for a near white blast through medium to heavy coatings, heavy rust, and heavy mill scale
- Low cost
- Versatile in a wide variety of applications
- Plentiful supplies
- High dust
- Embedment into surfaces
Call ( USA 800-999-1881 ) ( AU 1800 190 190 ) (NZ 0800 100 493 ) and speak with an expert today!
Have any questions?