Crushed Glass Abrasive Sandblasting Media
Crushed and Glass Bead Blasting Abrasive Media, SKU: P-CG. Perfect for steel profiling, available in various grades & sizes. Not for aluminum/stainless.
- General Purpose abrasive used for Sandblasting
- Angular shape creates a profile on steel
- Not Recommended for blasting on stainless or aluminum
- Comes in many different grades and packaging sizes
Crushed Glass Abrasive Sandblasting MediaSKU: P-CG
Collected from curbside waste, the feed-stock for Crushed Glass Abrasive Blasting Media is waste glass . Washing, cleaning and crushing of this waste glass produces a blast media. Blasting with Crushed Glass will achieve a moderate profile and a near white metal blast. Medium to heavy coatings, heavy rust, and heavy mill scale are all suitable for blasting with Crushed Glass. It’s sharp profile is advantageous for removing flexible coatings. Crushed Glass is also extensively used for blasting on concrete.
- Grades: 12/20, 12/40, 20/40, 30/60, 40/70, Extra-Coarse, Coarse, Medium, Fine, Extra-Fine
- Packing Types: 4000lb and 2000lb Bulk bags, 100lb, 80lb, 50lb paper bags. Packaging types vary by plant and manufacturer
- Blasting Speed: 50 – 150 ft²/hr
- Dust factor: Medium
- Recyclability: 1/10
- Consumption rate: 5-12 lb/ft²