Nozzle Wear Size Analyzer Gauge
- Used to determine the internal diameter of a blast nozzle orifice
- Allows you to determine the level of wear of the blast nozzle
- Comes with a removable cap and crayon
- Has size markings to allow you to see quickly what size your nozzle is
- Sold Individually
Ship to 20149
Worn nozzles cost money! We recommend you replace your nozzles when they wear out 1/32 of an inch, this is 1/2 a size…
A venturi blast nozzle interior has a shape and length specifically designed for it’s orifice size. This is to ensure optimum performance and efficiency. A worn nozzle is more costly to use for two reasons…
- A bigger orifice requires more compressed air to maintain a desired pressure.
- The even spread of abrasive across the blast pattern deteriorates as the blast nozzles wears.
To check the amount of wear in your nozzle…
- Mark the rear of the engraved section of the gauge with a crayon.
- Insert the gauge into the rear of the nozzle (threaded end).
- Orifice size can be determined by observing the highest orifice size marking from which the crayon has been removed.