Every painting contractor understands, that to maximise coating life and integrity, surface preparation and coating need to be applied during optimal environmental conditions. To ensure this outcome, dew point meter readings need to be taken regularly.
DeFelsko has created a new device which allows contractors to automatically log the climatic surface conditions. The small DPML magnetic probe attaches to the steel structure and records the climatic conditions at intervals you determine and program.
The conditions automatically logged include:
- Relative Humidity
- Ambient temp
- Surface temp
- Dew point
- Wet bulb
- as well as calculating the difference between surface temp and dew point
Features and Benefits of the DeFelsko DPML:
- Small and compact – Only 2” or 50mm in diameter
- Internal memory stores up to 10,000 datasets
- Conforms to all local and international standards
- Uses common batteries which will last between 3-8 months of continual logging depending on the logging frequency etc.
- Optional Kensington lock available, which is good for anti-theft as well as job heights where everything is required to be tied down.
- Easily create reports and manage data with PosiSoft software
- Environmentally sealed enclosure – weatherproof, dustproof, and shockproof
- Two year warranty
Set up and use is very simple:
- Choice of downloading the readings (via bluetooth) to your phone’s free DeFelsko app or to an existing advanced DeFelsko gage
- Take readings at user selected intervals ranging from every 1 min up to every 8hrs
- All readings are date and time stamped