DeFelsko® PosiTector® Gauge / Body, Advanced and Standard Models
The innovative and capable PosiTector Gage / Body is the backbone of a large and growing family of DeFelsko inspection equipment. When paired with 1 of the over 10 interchangeable probes, it can measure and store data for common environmental, surface, coating and more conditions. DeFelsko offers two versions of gauges (Standard and Advanced) which can be purchased individually, or in a variety of DeFelsko Body / Probe packages including 1 or more probes, depending on the application. A comparison list of the feature differences of the Standard and Advanced bodies follows:
- Economical Standard Body:
- Storage of up to 1000 readings per probe (newly up from 250), available for viewing or downloading.
- Connectible Advanced Body:
- Storage of up to 250,000 readings from mulitple probes (newly up from 100,000) in up to 1000 batches
- Touchscreen keyboard makes renaming batches, adding notes, etc., more convenient than ever
- Scan mode, can take continuous readings without lifting the probe and provides 3 ways to treat the data
- WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 technology for data transfer to mobile devices, printers, and even 3rd party software
- Pre-programmed to help compliance with SSPC-PA 2, ISO 19840 and other standards
Additional information under the documents tab and the linked videos.
In 2021, DeFelsko introduced the 5th generation of the Positector Gage Body. While it maintains the same familiar format, the redesign offers significant improvements over the Gen 4 version, including:
- New Display: Now with a 15% larger screen (2.8″ across)
- Upgraded Construction: New weatherproof, dustproof & water-resistant IP65 rated enclosure w/shock absorbing holster
- Advanced Electronics: Now the same batteries last up to 30% longer
- On-Gage Support: Functions now have a Help button to explain the feature and operation. Much easier than a manual!
BlastOne supplies all DeFelsko instruments, probes, packages, and accessories. This page shows the Gage Body options only. See the You May Also Like links below for probes, kits, and more.
NOTE: This new Gen 5 platform is backwards-compatible with all Positector probes manufactured since 2012.
DeFelsko® PosiTector® Gauge / Body, Advanced and Standard ModelsSKU: P-INDBODY
Both models of this powerful instrument platform are equipped with a large 2.8″ color touchscreen, providing a user-friendly interface with quick menu navigation and on-gage help for effortless operation. The flashing display feature makes it ideal for use in noisy environments.
Constructed for durability, the PosiTector Body / Gage boasts a weatherproof, dustproof, and water-resistant design with an IP65-rated enclosure, ensuring reliable performance in challenging conditions. The ergonomic design includes a rubberized grip and a shock-absorbing protective rubber holster, enhancing its longevity and usability in industrial settings. with the ability to accept all PosiTector probes. This feature allows it to easily convert from a coating thickness gage to a dew point meter, surface profile gage, hardness tester, or ultrasonic wall thickness gage, among others. The advanced models offer extensive data storage, with the capability to store up to 250,000 readings in 1,000 batches, making it ideal for large-scale inspections.
The Advanced Body version offers multiple connectivity options including WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0, allowing for easy data transfer to mobile devices or printers and synchronization with PosiSoft.net for software updates. The sealed USB port provides a fast and simple connection to PCs for data management and continuous power supply.