DeFelsko® Powder Comb
- Manufactured to a tolerance of ±5 microns or ±0.0002 inch
- Easy to carry – convenient pocket size
- Available in both microns and mils
- Durable aluminum construction for long gage life and static control
- Protective leather pouch included
- Works on a variety of shapes, sizes and substrates including metal, plastic, wood, glass, etc.
- Manufacturer part#’s PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4, PC5, PC6
- Made in the USA
Ship to 20149
Ensure powder thickness before curing to ensure correctly cured film thickness and avoid stripping and re-coating which can cause problems with adhesion and coating integrity.
How to Operate:
- Push comb perpendicularly into dry powder so that the two end tabs on both sides of teeth rest firmly on substrate
- Drag comb along surface of coated area for at least 1cm
- Remove comb from surface and examine marks created in powder. Powder thickness is between the highest numbered tooth making a mark with powder clinging to it – and the next highest tooth which left no mark with no powder clinging to it.
Note: Most powders cure to ~50% of their dry thickness. Marks left by the gage may affect the characteristics of the cured film.