PowerBlast Staurolite Mineral Sand Abrasive Media
- Effective Replacement for Dupont StarBlast
- Single use mineral sand abrasive blast media.
- Typical applications include: Mill scale, light rust and new steel
- Mohs hardness of around 7
- Expected profile range of 1-2mils
- Blasting Speeds between 75 – 150ft2/hr
- Typically has a high dust burden
- Sold by the pallet (pallet minimum)
- Abrasive cannot be ordered online at this time
Ship to 20149
Staurolite is a mineral sand abrasive blasting media with moderate levels of durability and hardness. Most Staurolite comes from Florida and Western Australia as a byproduct of zircon mining.
Tends to be very dusty.
Low capability for recycling compared to alternative media types reduces cost effectiveness. Higher consumption rate due to softness. Use to remove mill scale and light rust only.